STR Global: Asia/Pac Result for December 2014
Hotels in the Asia Pacific region experienced mixed results in the three key performance metrics during December 2014 when reported in US dollars, according to data compiled by STR Global.
The region's occupancy for December grew 0.7 percent to 67.0 percent; its average daily rate dropped 5.3 percent to US$114.13; and its revenue per available room decreased 4.7 percent to US$76.52.
Highlights from key market performers for December 2014 in local currency (year-over-year comparisons):
- Two markets experienced double-digit occupancy increases: Hanoi, Vietnam (+22.2 percent to 75.5 percent), and Bangkok, Thailand (+14.5 percent to 77.5 percent)
- Jakarta, Indonesia, reported the only double-digit occupancy decrease, falling 10.7 percent to 61.7 percent.
- Osaka, Japan, reported the only double-digit ADR increase, rising 22.4 percent to JPY 14,680.99
- Hong Kong, China, experienced the largest ADR decrease (-7.6 percent to HKD 1,778.12
- Osaka reported the highest RevPAR increase (+29.6 percent to JPY 13,355.15), followed by Hanoi (+18.9 percent to VND 1,810,917.84)
(Read more at: Hotelnewsnow.com)