9 Predictions for Future Hotel Rooms
So long, desks. Bye bye, bathtubs. The guestroom of the future might abandon these tried and true staples (and others) in favor of new space-conscious and tech-savvy upgrades.
1.Guests will have the ability to connect Bluetooth technology to the mirror in the guestroom’s bathroom in order to stream content. Speakers will be built in to the bathroom’s mirror.
2.Guests will be able to control temperature and lighting from their tablet
3.There will no longer be desks in the room because millennial travelers are more likely to work while sitting in bed.
4. There will no longer be bathtubs in the hotel guestroom of the future. Only showers.
5. Guestrooms will have only hard surfaces for flooring because this it is perceived to be cleaner than carpet.
6. The guestroom closet will be deconstructed to make things more exposed. There is not a need to hide anything anymore.
7. There will be more digital art in the rooms, possibly on the guestroom’s TV. It will allow for the ability to easily change the art and create an added punch of energy to the room.
8. There will be no need for a chair and table due to the lack of roomservice at hotels.
9. Hoteliers will respond to guests’ increasing awareness of wellness trends by implementing in-room fitness stations, which could include a yoga mat, exercise ball and weights.
(Read more at: HotelNewsNow.com)