How Hotel Revenue Managers Prepare for Next Season?
Revenue managers have begun casting their nets ahead of the busy fall travel season. And while the approaches might vary, the end result is the same: capture more demand.
A handful of revenue managers shared some of their strategies for success during a meeting of the New York Chapter of the Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International, held at Google’s offices.
Tactics discussed during a panel called “The traveler’s mindset: Capturing your share of the market for fall 2014” included:
1. reevaluating traditional customer segments;
2. partnering with marketing teams to maximize demand;
3. avoiding discounting by emphasizing value;
4. targeting profit rather than rate;
5. testing new types of rate structures, including add-ons as the airlines do; and
6. maximizing websites and mobile presence.
(Read more at Hotelnewsnow.com)